Residence permit for the purpose of intra-corporate transfer and permit for long-term mobility

We recommend this type of permit to our third-country national clients working in Hungary who, although they work here, are still employed by an employer registered in their home country and receive their salary there.

Given that this type of permit affects the majority of our customers, and that obtaining this type of permit is particularly difficult, please be sure to consult with our experts before embarking on the permitting process alone!

If you want to be sure and want your application to be judged quickly and positively by the authority, contact our team of experts!


  • to prove that the host company (in Hungary) and the company registered in the third country belong to the same group of companies or company,
  • valid passport,
  • proof of purpose of entry and stay,
  • proof that the date of the intra-corporate transfer was preceded by a continuous employment relationship of at least three months in the case of a manager and expert and at least three months in the case of a trainee employee within the same company or group of companies,
  • proof of the professional qualifications and experience required in the host organization to which he is transferred as a senior worker or expert or, in the case of trainee workers, the required university degree,
  • is considered to have been insured for the full range of healthcare benefits or has applied for them for each period during which he or she is not insured as a result of an employment relationship
  • has sufficient resources for himself and his family members for the entire duration of their stay so that their stay does not constitute a burden on Hungary's social security system; and
  • accommodation in Hungary.

Group of companies:two or more companies recognised as linked under national law in the following ways: a company, in relation to another company
  • directly or indirectly, holds a majority of that company’s subscribed capital,
  • controls a majority of the votes attached to that company’s issued share capital,
  • is entitled to appoint more than half of the members of that company’s administrative, management or supervisory body, or
  • the companies are managed on a unified basis by the parent company.


An application for residence permit may be submitted to any consulate officer of Hungary, or at any other place authorised to accept applications for residence permit located in the country where the applicant’s permanent or temporary residence is located, or in the country of the applicant’s nationality.

However, we would like to draw the attention of our clients to the fact that the application for the Permit For The Purpose Of Intra-Corporate Transfer And Permit For Long-Term Mobility can also be submitted through the host organization in Hungary!

Residence permit for the purpose of intra-corporate transfer and permit for long-term mobility of is 60 days from the date of submission.


Our office undertakes to obtain Residence Permit for the Purpose of Intra-corporate Transfer and Permit for Long-term Mobility for our clients as a complete service.

Full management of obtaining the Residence Permit for the Purpose of Intra-corporate Transfer and Permit for Long-term Mobility: EUR 600.

This price includes the fee for the necessary amount of personal consultations, which is essential to describe the process and the documents to be obtained, the preparation of the application and all its annexes, and the personal and legal representation throughout the application process.


The procedure is subject to a fee, the amount of which is HUF 18,000

Expected translation cost: 30,000 HUF (this amount may vary depending on the amount of documents required).

Cost of passport photo: 500 HUF

Cost of title deed: 1500 HUF

In most cases, there are no costs in addition to the above, so you don’t have to expect any notary or other costs!

We would like to draw the attention of our clients to the fact that the immigration procedures have rather strict rules, and that in case when it turns out during any procedure that the client has been illegally in the country for even a short period of time, the next procedure will have significantly worse chances to be evaluated positively! That is why it is essential to submit a complete, well-thought-out application in full compliance with the relevant legislation at the time of the first application, in which our experts can help. If you have any questions about your residence, residence permit or your future application, please feel free to contact our team!

If you have any questions about your residence permit or permanent residence permit, contact our team!