A residence card may be issued to a family member who is a third-country national accompanying an EEA national or joining an EEA national.

A family member of an EEA citizen may be entitled to reside in Hungary and to have this type of permit in two cases:
  • if the EEA national's purpose of residence is to pursue a gainful activity,
  • if the EEA citizen has sufficient resources for himself / herself and his / her family members for the entire duration of the stay so that their stay does not constitute an unreasonable burden on the Hungarian social security system

Family member of an EEA citizen:
  • the spouse of an EEA national;
  • a descendant of a EEA national or his / her spouse under the age of 21 or a dependent;
  • the dependent ancestor of the EEA national or his / her spouse;
  • the spouse of an EEA citizen, if he / she has established a partnership registered before a Hungarian authority or an authority of another Member State of the European Union;

Given that this type of permit affects the majority of our customers, and that obtaining this type of permit is particularly difficult, please be sure to consult with our experts before embarking on the permitting process alone!

If you want to be sure and want your application to be judged quickly and positively by the authority, contact our team of experts!


  • proof of family relationship, (ask our expert for help if you need more information!),
  • proof of gainful activity or employment or sufficient financial resources,
  • Proof of address or accommodation in Hungary,
  • Valid passport,
  • Declaration of voluntary departure (prepared by our office),
  • a business health insurance policy entitling you to full healthcare (our office can help you obtaining it)
  • proof that the conditions of leaving Hungary are met


The place where the application can be submitted is determined by several factors. In this regard, please contact us so that we can provide appropriate information!


Our office undertakes to obtain a residence permit for the purpose of employment for our clients as a complete service.

Full management of obtaining the residence card for a third-country national family member of EEA national: EUR 300.

This price includes the fee for the necessary amount of personal consultations, which is essential to describe the process and the documents to be obtained, the preparation of the application and all its annexes, and the personal and legal representation throughout the application process.


The procedure is subject to a fee, the amount of which is HUF 18,000

Expected translation cost: 30,000 HUF (this amount may vary depending on the amount of documents required).

Cost of passport photo: 500 HUF

Cost of title deed: 1500 HUF

In most cases, there are no costs in addition to the above, so you don’t have to expect any notary or other costs!

The period of validity of the residence card for a third-country national family member of EEA national depends on the duration of the stay of the EEA national with the right of residence. The residence card is issued by the authority with a maximum validity of five years.

The holder of the residence card for a third-country national family member of EEA national can also apply for a Hungarian address card!

We would like to draw the attention of our clients to the fact that the immigration procedures have rather strict rules, and that in case when it turns out during any procedure that the client has been illegally in the country for even a short period of time, the next procedure will have significantly worse chances to be evaluated positively! That is why it is essential to submit a complete, well-thought-out application in full compliance with the relevant legislation at the time of the first application, in which our experts can help. If you have any questions about your residence, residence permit or your future application, please feel free to contact our team!

If you have any questions about your residence permit or permanent residence permit, contact our team!